Last Updated on January 5, 2018 by Jasmine KeLa
- Be a good role model as a dad
Behave properly towards the women in your life since your child is watching you. Don’t disrespect them.
- Teach him color diversity
Don’t teach your son that particular colors are meant for a particular gender. Dress him with clothes of any color.
- Let him play with girls
He doesn’t only have to play with boys. Interacting with girls on a day to day basis will help him know how to behave around girls.
- Teach him about his body
Let him know that no one is allowed to touch him inappropriately
- Teach him about different types of families
Let him know that families are different. There are single parent families, adoptive families and same sex families.
- Provide parental guidance about media images
Explain to him how media portrays women and that there is no perfect body or person.
- Encourage him to read books with strong female characters
This will help him view the world from a woman’s point of view.
- Breakdown what pornography is
Show him the harm that it causes to women and society in general.
- Discourage him from sending sexts
Show him what to do when someone sends him inappropriate sexts. You can also teach him how to sext responsibly, to a consenting party, when he is of age.
- Teach him how to behave in relationships
Teach him to never force himself on a woman sexually or to engage in inappropriate sexual relationships.