Last Updated on January 5, 2018 by Jasmine KeLa
Some time back, while walking past my younger daughter’s room I took a photo of it and shared the photo on Instagram. I then posted a caption stating how messy the house was and how I had now made peace with it.
But after posting that statement, I began thinking more about it. The more I thought about it, the more I realized that perhaps I was just putting myself under undue pressure. Whose standards was I trying to live up to? What measuring stick was I using to determine how clean my house was? Then I realized that the main reason why I was uncomfortable with the statement I had made on the Instagram photo was because I was ultimately labeling myself as a failure as a result of not keeping a clean house. But was this true?
Here are a few possibilities about what your messy house really says about you:
- You don’t find cleaning fun and you would rather spend time doing other fun activities with your family.
- You are patient with other people and can operate under high stress levels.
- You have proof that your family had a fun day and they were free to be themselves.
- You just had a baby in the last 4 years.
- You would rather rest than try to be a super mum with a perfectly clean house.
Continue Reading ..